At WE Transport, Inc. our organization cares deeply about the safety and health of our student riders and employees. We will continue to follow all CDC and NYSDOH guidelines to ensure safety and health on our buses and in our facilities.
COVID-19 Safety & Training Procedures
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) – Drivers and Bus Attendants must wear a mask when passengers are on board the bus. Face shields and gowns will be available for Bus Attendants and Monitors upon request. Drivers, monitors, and attendants who must have direct physical contact with a student must also wear gloves. Training will include how to properly apply, remove, and dispose of PPE.
- Drivers issued a kit that contains PPE and cleaning supplies.
- Cleaning buses – to be completed daily by the driver after the morning and afternoon run during the post-trip inspection. Training will include how and when to wipe down hi contact areas on buses.
- Cleaning crews will perform the task of disinfecting/ sanitizing the buses initially weekly. Changes to the frequency of this task will be made upon updated guidelines.
- Spreading of transmittable disease prevention training – frequently washing hands, using hand sanitizer, 6’ social distancing when practical, etc.
- Self-assessing for exposure to COVID-19 – must be done before reporting for duty and attested upon arrival to work by signing a COVID-19 self-assessment log.
- Bus windows to remain open 1 inch for ventilation (non-A/C buses only).
- Extra facemasks, provided by the school district, will be kept on buses for students that do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer is not permitted on buses.
- The seat behind the driver is to remain open.